Share button

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

The Daily Word for July 21, 2021

 

mollitious - adjective - luxurious, sensuous


I like words (okay, yes, I think I've made that obvious), especially those that have pronunciations that intimate their meanings. Mollitious is one of those words. Apparently, the term that derives from the Latin moltities for softness can be found in a poem penned in 1644 by Francis Quarles (Lexico.com). I can imagine that he probably employed it to describe his true love's skin.  But can things that are not especially palpable be considered mollitious? I would say yes. As I am a songwriter, I listen to quite a bit of music to gain a sense of perspective and a competitive edge. I want to know what's out there. With the exception of Melody Gardot's, unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of mollitious songs, which is why I am striving to create more. And yesterday, I had the opportunity to do just that in my young cousin's recording studio. Sounds can be soft. But this blog is not meant to be an advert for what I do, so I'll focus on you. 

What is the purpose of this particular blog? It is to recommend immersing yourself in anything that might be mollitious, abstract or concrete. To feel or to experience anything soft, luxurious is a feast for the senses, and something small can contribute largely to the quality of life. After all, you don't have to have excessive dollars to find a soft cushion or pillow on which to rest your head. Touching a rose pedal in someone else's garden can be  transformative to your mood as its softness will affect every sensory receptor in your body. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Truly, the simple, mollitious connections are what make life worth living. 

Happy Hump Day! 

#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words, #humor, #spilled thoughts, #motivation, #inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes from the L.A. Writing Conference

  bumptious - adjective - self-assertive to an irritating degree Suffice it to say, I have been writing, publishing, and selling books since...