Share button

Thursday, February 9, 2023

You and A Celebrity Soulmate



oeuvre - noun - the complete works of an artist 


Have you ever looked on the internet just to see just how many celebrated persons share your birthday? I am guessing there are quite a few. Oddly enough, in addition to being a writer, I am a professional singer/songwriter who shares a birthday (12/12) with a small number of celebrity crooners, such as Connie Francis (You probably don't remember her), Dionne Warwick (Whitney's cousin who just made a documentary), Dickey Betts (of the Allman Brothers), Sheila E. (Prince's bandmate), and the inimitable Frank Sinatra. As a child growing up in the 1960s, I couldn't escape him as my mother, an astrologer who was up on birthdays, would always introduce me in the most embarrassing way: "This is my daughter Gwyn who was born on Frankie Sinatra's birthday." Could I have become anything else but a singer? Probably, and I did, but singing and obtaining work as one have always come easily for me, not that Frank bequeathed me his talent. It was a gift from God. Entertaining troops of special people in outlying places like nursing homes and shelters is probably my favorite pastime. It was one of Frank's as well since he volunteered with the USO during World War II. (Clearly, he was a much nicer guy than most might think.)

Anyway, have you ever done research on a celebrity birthday buddy just to see if you are his/her/their doppelganger? Chances are you might share just enough in the way of commonalities so that you could be somewhat soulmates.  Actually, I have a frighteningly substantial amount of Frank's traits, including his oeuvre of music. I have performed many of his hits throughout the years. But just in case you are curious, here are the remaining ways (in present tense) in which we are alike:

  1. New Jersey is our home turf.

  2. “Come Rain or Shine” is our favorite song to sing as professional singers who croon standards.

  3. We have Italians as close relatives and had, at one time, loose mob affiliations. (Most in Jersey do.)

  4. We despise racists and support African Americans and their charities. 

  5. We have friends in high places or just a large collection in mediocre places.

  6. We are philanthropic and genuinely like people albeit they can seriously get on our nerves.

  7. We like to joke around, especially with audiences.

  8. Even though we are extroverted, we like to slink off and go it alone sometimes.

  9. We tend to fall in love too easily with good-looking faces who can be on the difficult side.

  10. We gamble on horses (Frank put down more than two bucks per race, though. I don't.)


So there you go. I hope I have motivated you sufficiently to do some exploring on-line. I wish you could share your findings with me. I love to uncover more evidence that we are all truly connected in some way, even if it is just by a birthday. :)


#CelebrityBirthdays, #CelebrityFindings, #word-to-words, #slice-of-life,  #blog, #blogging, #editorial, #reading, #vocabulary, #ReadersMagnet, #spilled thoughts, #good advice, #personal-essay, #writing community, #writing, #CreativeSuggestion 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes from the L.A. Writing Conference

  bumptious - adjective - self-assertive to an irritating degree Suffice it to say, I have been writing, publishing, and selling books since...