Share button

Monday, July 19, 2021

The Daily Word for July 19, 2021

 

connubial - adjective - relating to marriage or the state of marriage


Sometime in May, I introduced you to the word misogamy, which means hatred for marriage. In the post, I confessed to being somewhat of a misogamist as I have had a wealth of bad experiences either first or secondhand pertaining to the institution. Usually, I don't adopt a viewpoint without solid evidence as I try to be as fair as possible. One valid statistic that remains unwavering is that half of all marriages in the U.S. wind up in divorce. Mine is included somewhere in the mix. 

However, I don't doubt that connubial bliss could just be a reality; and an A-list wedding I had the good fortune to attend in Bermuda this past Friday night might be substantive proof. Granted, the two, a gorgeous Brazilian-American lawyer and her Egyptian/Finnish-American entrepreneur, had both been married and divorced before. Both have children, she, two sons, and he, two daughters, putting them in the category of the Brady Bunch but in reverse. Could it be that they had made their share of mistakes during the course of round 1 and had learned enough from them so that round 2 might endure eternally? I tend to have hope that it will so much so that if Vegas had established the odds, I might place a bet that their connubial union would succeed. Admittedly, I'm an optimist, but one who has little in the way of luck.

With the aforementioned in mind, it's Monday in New Jersey. So anything can happen. 

#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words, #humor, #spilled thoughts, #motivation, #inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes from the L.A. Writing Conference

  bumptious - adjective - self-assertive to an irritating degree Suffice it to say, I have been writing, publishing, and selling books since...