Share button

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

The Daily Word for July 13, 2021

 


eviternity - noun - eternal existence or everlasting duration


I am absolutely positive that you have found yourself in at least one situation that seemed endless, inside minutes that lasted an eviternity. Oddly enough, these everlasting circumstances tend to be negative as the positive occurrences usually evaporate in seconds, evading your attempts to latch onto them. Last night, on my way home from a songwriting session with a sweet bunch of veterans, I got caught in a vicious torrential rain storm that included flashes of intermittent lightning. The lines delineating the lanes on the Interstate blurred into oblivion so that I found myself blindly following a truck's taillights, praying that the driver of the rig could somehow see better than I. Those forty miles inside an hour or so of white-knuckle tension perpetuated for eviternity. Seriously? I never thought I would make it home. But I did. And was thankful for the small miracle. 

As part and parcel of life, you and I will encounter times that will seem to endure for eviternity, but the fact is, they won't. They will come and go, emphasis being on the go. No matter how many storms we experience, the sun always winds up appearing in the sky to erase them. All we have to do is roll with the motion of the flash floods until the sun can soak them up and dry the land. Nothing lasts for eviternity. Life is just not built that way. 

I'll be taking a break until Sunday.

Enjoy! 


#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words, #humor, #spilled thoughts, #motivation, #inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes from the L.A. Writing Conference

  bumptious - adjective - self-assertive to an irritating degree Suffice it to say, I have been writing, publishing, and selling books since...