Share button

Friday, May 21, 2021

The Daily Word for May 21, 2021

 

ensorcell - verb - to enchant or fascinate someone


According to Google, ensorcell is a transitive verb (meaning it takes an object) and archaic (meaning it is rarely used anymore). The latter is unfortunately true. But why? Could it be that very few people actually have what it takes to ensorcell others? Or could it be that they have, but don't think it necessary to take the time to ensorcell others when they might not have to make that kind of effort?

I can only speak for myself here and not you. As I am "courting" a man who lives almost three thousand miles away from me, I am attempting to ensorcell him via Skype. Although he is unaware of my goal, according to him, it is working to a limited extent only because I am confined to ensorcelling him using two of the five senses, surely not enough to ensorcell at full capacity. Still, the fact that he often thanks me for the "fascinating" confabulation is proof that I am ensorcelling him more effectively than not. In any case, I'll take it for now because I have limited options. Which I intend to expand upon soon when I can muster enough courage to jump on a redeye out to L.A. so that I can involve the three other senses to my advantage as an enchantress bent on ensorcelling. (Whew!)

My advice to you if you are looking for advice is to ensorcell others whenever you get the chance. If you don't, you may find your conversations with people completely boring. As communication takes two, someone has to make the effort to engage in dialogue fresh and engaging. Why not make it you?

#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words, #humor, #writers on Tumblr,

#spilled thoughts, #motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes from the L.A. Writing Conference

  bumptious - adjective - self-assertive to an irritating degree Suffice it to say, I have been writing, publishing, and selling books since...