Share button

Monday, March 1, 2021

The Daily Word for March 1, 2021

 


melodious - adjective - attractive to the ear


I know. You've seen this word before. Bear with me, though. I can connect it to optimism. 

Before I could write and perhaps even speak well, I sang. Whether or not my voice was melodious at the age of four, I can't remember. Yet I have always been capable of carrying a tune and had intrinsic taste in music since I established a Beatles' fan club at five. Precocious? Yes. Flash forward to the present: I am still singing, only now I am a professional, writing lyrics and music and trying like heck to splash into the current wave that is the music scene. What I am finding as I promote my tunes to playlist curators is that not everything under the nomenclature of "Music" is melodious. A lot is far from it, but there seems to be an audience for just about anything. 

Which is a good thing, an optimistic thing. Something that is motivational in itself when you think about it. If you are on the edge of taking a creative or business risk, muster the courage to take the plunge into the deep end of the pool. Why? Well, you may find an audience large enough to substantiate your investment. And you could wind up humming a melodious song when you see the numbers. 

Enjoy the day! 

#inspirationalthoughts, #inspiration, #inspirationalwords, #wordsofwisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poetsandwriters, #writerscommunity, #writers, #readers 

No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...