Share button

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Just a word for today...

 

    I have to admit that English words have always been attractive to me. Not just any words, though. Words that are provocative, words that emote, words that cajole, words that communicate the speaker's best possible intentions. As you probably learned in your high school English classes from teachers like me (I am now happily retired from that occupation), words can also be extremely powerful, not necessarily in a good way. 

    However, what I am going to do is present you with suggestions to improve your diction and also your point of view. If you are a pessimist, a realist or somewhere in between, I'll offer you a vocabulary that might immerse you in optimism. My blog, which will visit you daily, but only if you visit it daily, will offer you a word in all of its mysterious magnetism to contemplate. This one I put on Tumblr this morning:


sanguine. an adjective that relates to optimism in difficult times


This one resounds with relevance. Use it in your own blog or journal or everyday communications, oral or written. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...