Share button

Monday, July 24, 2023

Relationship Affirmations on YouTube

 


affirmation - noun - emotional support or encouragement (Google)

Admittedly, I am a bonafide YouTuber in that I sport two channels albeit one is a mistake that I can't seem to erase. What is the reason why I am on YouTube? To find an international audience for my original music and homemade videos, of course. How do I do that? I tend to start conversations with fellow YouTubers to advertise my music.

However, every once in a while in my search for people who could possibly what to listen to my songs, I will come across videos that relate to psychology, a subject of personal fascination and study, and I will learn something about human beings that I didn't already know. Thankfully, to save me some time, YouTube with its superior algorithms will find videos for me based on my existing searches. Just this evening, YouTube found a video for me that Psychology Daily released, providing a litany of affirmative quotes, the best of which, I would like to share with you so as to save you a bit of valuable time. They are in no particular order. "Woke" alert: Some of the quotes assume everyone is heterosexual. If you are someone outside the nomenclature, I apologize. I'm guessing whoever wrote the material did so sometime during the last century. Just substitute in the appropriate nouns and pronouns that will work for you. 

The quotations are as follows:  

"If you focus on the hurt, you will continue to suffer. If you focus on the lessons, you will continue to grow." 

"A real man/woman will be honest no matter how painful the truth is. A coward hides behind lies and deceit."

"The main reason behind most breakups is misunderstanding." 

"A woman can't change a man because she loves him. A man changes himself because he loves her."

"Once you are in a relationship, you think it's going to last forever, but in reality, it only lasts as long as you are working for it. If one person stops working, it falls apart."

"Hearing a single negative thing can damage at least five positive memories. Distancing yourself from negativity is self-care."

"Learn to love without condition. Take without bad intentions. Give without any reasons. And most of all, care for people without expectations." 

"Don't treat people as bad as they are; treat them as good as you are."

"We don't need to explain our love. We only need to show it."

"People who hide their feelings usually care the most."

"Crying is actually very healthy. Tears lubricate your eyes, remove irritants, and reduce stress, making you feel better."

"Real people stay faithful to their partners. They don't have time to look for others because they are too busy looking for new ways to love their own."

"A man always remembers the woman who has captivated his mind."

"Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there's no reason to continue."

"Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman's life, but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man's." 

#word-to-words, #slice-of-life,  #blog, #blogging, #editorial, #reading, #vocabulary, #ReadersMagnet, #spilled thoughts, #good advice, #personal-essay, #writing community, #writing, #philosophy, #truth #relationships #self #therapy  


No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...