Share button

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

The Daily Word for June 2, 2021

 


eviternity - noun -eternal existence; interminable duration 


Have you ever contemplated eviternity? I suppose I have, but I can't see myself wanting to experience it on this planet. In a realm of flawless perfection, yes, but not around here. I don't even want to live until ninety unless I can retain a pain-free physical existence and lucid mental state, I'll pass. And my mind is already showing signs of age. Yet I am probably in the minority as the other day, I heard a radio newscaster reporting on scientists that study aging. Ostensibly, they claim that the miracles of modern medicine will only be able to extend life expectancy to 120 years for humans. Why 120 and not 121, I have no clue. (It's always a whole number, though, never an odd one.) I don't know about you, but that span of time would feel like eviternity 

No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...