Share button

Monday, June 14, 2021

The Daily Word for June 14, 2021

 


frondeur - noun. - a political rebel


Do you feel as though wherever you go, you run smack into politics? I do. And I don't particularly like it because it tends to be divisive. Nevertheless, I don't know if my animus for the topic is strong enough to motivate me to become a genuine frondeur. Although I may be intuitive, I don't possess the main ingredients of a true frondeur: the courage of a prophet and the chutzpah of any of the current wave of woke anarchists. I will just have to face facts: I'm apolitical, meaning I'm on the fence. I'd rather not be a frondeur, or a donkey or elephant, if you get my drift. You may or may not feel the same way. I'll hang on to the title I received in college after all of the sororities had rejected my application for admittance: GDI, a.k.a. "God Damn Independent." It does have a rebellious tone to it, though, that might work to my advantage someday should I start my own political movement. Just kidding. Refer back to sentence 5.

Today is Flag Day on the calendar. I'm guessing only elementary school children may celebrate it by holding up miniature replicas of the stars and stripes and waving them around midair whilst singing "God Bless America" on the way to lunch or recess. Yet, if you do call yourself an American citizen, chances are the country's flag means something to you as well. Even if you are a frondeur or a GDI, you might feel sentimental for the concept of patriotism or democracy. I do. So maybe at the end of the day, all of the political banter is worthwhile, but only if it results in unity, not division.


#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words, #humor, #spilled thoughts, #motivation, #inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing


No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...