Share button

Saturday, May 29, 2021

The Daily Word for May 29, 2021

 

emacity - noun - fondness for buying things


If you happen to live in the Northeast, you may be looking out the window at rain as a moist Memorial Day Weekend has been in the forecast for a few days now. Rather than head for the beaches, many may be heading for malls either in masks or full face to quench their emacity. 

Personally, I'm cheap. By and large, I can't relate to the concept of emacity albeit there are exceptions, one involving Dollar Tree. It is amazing what you can find for a dollar and under at this store. If you have a spare twenty dollars and want to walk out with twenty useful items, you are in for a blissful twenty minutes or so. The other day, I bought two spatulas for two dollars. Why two? There is always one that occupies the dishwasher. I expect that both of my new spatulas will outlast anything I purchased at the chi-chi outlets catering to gourmet chiefs. And I am usually right–about spatulas anyway. What I am getting at in a roundabout way is that emacity might just be something you and I and everyone else have in common. Why not? You can't take things with you when you leave the planet.

Whatever you do today, enjoy the journey. Satiate your emacity if you need to. The economy can always use a boost. 


#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words, #humor, 

#spilled thoughts, #motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Notes from the L.A. Writing Conference

  bumptious - adjective - self-assertive to an irritating degree Suffice it to say, I have been writing, publishing, and selling books since...