Share button

Friday, April 9, 2021

The Daily Word for April 9, 2021

 

canorous - adjective - melodious, resonant song or speech


Whether like it or not, I am in the business of song. A year ago last October, after my agent convinced me that I am capable, I started writing songs as a solo "artist." The quotes surround the word because I do not perceive myself as an artist although I've been told that I am. Simply put, my aim is to write canorous music for all who wish to hear it. However, what is canorous to one may not be to another. Subjectivity is the name of the game. Which is what makes it so difficult. 

All of the above aside, is it possible to aspire to lead a canorous life in the metaphorical sense? As the eternal optimist, I'd say yes. Drama arises out of conflict, but do we need as much as we have? Can we strive to lead harmonious lives that resonate favorably? I believe we can and will if we choose to eliminate some of the excess noise around us. Yesterday, I played hooky, took most of the day off from technology, and I noticed a lot of natural beauty happening around me–little things like the heads of my hostas pushing through the soil. And it felt good to be the observer. Try it; you may like it.

Have a canorous Friday in as many ways as possible! 



#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words


#inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing #poetry #poets on tumblr #poem #authors #quotes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Veneration and its Converse: Renting an Apartment as a Retiree in Los Angeles

  veneration - n. - great respect; reverence Although I have probably touched on this before, I feel I must state the obvious one more time:...