Share button

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

The Daily Word for April 14, 2021

 

adagio - adverb (adj./noun) - slowly


Adagio is a musician's term, designating how a piece of music should be played to satisfy the composer's intentions. As a singer-songwriter whose genre is primarily folk, I like the idea of adagio, but as my live audiences are many 75 and over, I know that if I choose an adagio repertoire, I stand the risk of putting my listeners to sleep. And I often do. Is that so bad, though? I mean when I perform in nursing homes, I do tend to fill the slot after lunch, which is siesta in Spanish cultures. Which leads me to another, larger question:

Would an adagio life be all that bad?

I want to say no. We tend to move rapidly through the minutes of the day. But what if we were to slow down a bit? I know this sounds Zen, and what of it, but most of us could stand to occupy moments fully before moving on, enjoying the present as opposed to drifting back into the past or catapulting ourselves into the future. 

Today is Wednesday, the middle of the week. Experiment. Concentrate on living minute-by-minute just to see how the day progresses. You may be surprised at how much satisfaction you'll derive from it. 

Enjoy! 

#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words


#inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing #poetry #poets on tumblr #poem #authors #quotes



No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...