Share button

Friday, November 19, 2021

Love vs. Sex after Sixty

 

prurient - adjective - having or encouraging an excessive interest in sexual matters (Google).


Between what I heard on a New York radio show this morning and what my hairdresser proposed to me yesterday whilst running his fingers through my hair, I am beginning to think that men approaching or past sixty are prurient scientists or gymnasts as opposed to bonafide romantics who feel that love should figure into the sex somewhere. Somewhere along the lines, if I start sounding like Carrie Bradshaw, please forgive me, but I've got to model myself after someone :). 

Let's start with the broadcast. Labeled as "Strange News," the segment involved notorious bad boy, divorced Don Johnson, 70, whom Andy Cohen recently interviewed on Bravo. Apparently, Don is still the Don Juan, satiating numerous female lovers, whom he referred to as his "satisfied customers" in and out of the sack. He has sex down to "a science," or so he confessed. Very interesting. So observation, experimentation, and hypothesis ostensibly are part of the plan in the feathers? Hmm, I suppose that makes sense.

My fifty-nine-year-old, divorced hairdresser, on the other hand, is not quite as scientific as Johnson is since he views sex as more of a sport. Although he is dating someone steadily at the moment, he generously offered me a role in his backroom calisthenics, which I declined for reasons of ethics and morality. I am involved with someone whom I genuinely love and have no desire to cheat on him. My stylist couldn't seem to fathom why ethics, morality, or love should have anything to do with his partnered exercise routine, imploring, "Why can't we just have fun?" Ah, let me think. I guess it has something to do with doing the right thing, Antonio?  

I know there are women sixty and over out there who do see themselves as prurient scientists or athletes, but I'm not one of them. When I make love to a man, I like to be honest and actually be in love with him. And like Carrie Bradshaw, I'd like the feeling to be mutual. We romantics tend to want the real thing when it comes to love, the whole package, including the mind-blowing sex because what makes it so good is not the "science" or the sport, but genuine emotions. 


#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words, #humor, #spilled thoughts, #motivation, #inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing

No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...