Share button

Saturday, August 21, 2021

The Daily Word for August 21, 2021

 


ylem - noun - the primordial matter of the universe (big bang theory) (Lexico.com)


Admittedly, I've never had much interest in science. It's not that I don't consider it valid, I do as medical science, in particular, is making great strides toward preventing and curing sundry diseases. I've never been a fan of the big bang theory. To me, it seems a lot more farfetched than the Biblical myth of Adam and Eve. Since ylem is ylem. Matter is matter and matters. Substance, after all, is evidential. 

Why did I choose this particular word if I don't care much for science? There aren't too many nouns that begin with a "y." And this one stood out on the list. If you are a scientist, you may already have a place for "ylem" in your vocabulary. If not, you have an edge on everyone else who could care less. Good to know, right? 

Well, I'm off to the races today to watch the horses kick up some matter in the way of mud. Wish me luck.

Enjoy your Saturday. 


#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words, #humor, #spilled thoughts, #motivation, #inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing


No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...