Share button

Monday, April 12, 2021

The Daily Word for April 12, 2021

 

agelast - noun - a person who never laughs


I would bet that you have known at least one agelast, that down-in-the-mouth, party pooper that can't make or take a joke, that person that wouldn't recognize Humor if it tripped him or her up on the street. Yes, the agelast is a tough one to fathom especially today as laughter might be something of a necessity.

Laughter is not only healthy, it is a saving grace. Case in point, when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2009, something inside of me transmogrified from liquid to solid: I was petrified. I had to find a means of loosening the rocks that had built a wall of paranoia. Ergo, I sent my sense of humor into overdrive, and I started to tell jokes to everyone: my oncologist-surgeon, his P.A., his nurse, the technicians, the orderlies... you get the picture. Provoking laughter in them resulted my own laughter, so much that the wall of fear that I had built inside began to crack. Eventually, it fell down. In short, I survived the entire ordeal and am still alive today to convey the anecdote to you. 

If you are an agelast, crack a smile every once in a while. Find something or someone that might just make you release your inhibitions so that you can chuckle, chortle, cackle your way into freedom from the straight jacket of angst. Good luck. I've got your back.

Breathe in Monday and enjoy! 


#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words


#inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing #poetry #poets on tumblr #poem #authors #quotes


No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...