Share button

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

The Daily Word for March 31, 2021

 


ratoon - noun - shoot coming from a root of a crop plant (usually sugarcane)

When I think of spring, I think of natural signs, specifically the renewal of plant life. As a gardener, I enjoy observing ratoons, the shoots of my perennials showing themselves one millimeter per day until somehow they fully transmogrify into their adult selves. Before COVID, I didn't take the time to notice, but now I do. The whole process of winter segueing into spring proves that God is not only a reality, an architect of wonders, but a very good magician, better that my acquaintances, Penn and Teller. Of course, they had to model themselves after someone. I have become so caught up in observing that I have created an indoor garden so that I can become the Magician's assistant, encouraging the growth of marigolds in small containers like egg boxes, but more sophisticated. I had harvested the seeds from last year's crop that I had planted in my window boxes. Other than my cousin's snarky comment, "What? You growin' pot now?" I've heard nothing from no one to deter me. Like Jake and Elwood Blues, I'm on "a mission from God."

If you are feeling a bit detached from your environment, you may wish to do something similar. Help realize some beauty. It is easier than you think it is. 

Happy Last Day of March!

#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words


#inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing #poetry #poets on tumblr #poem #authors #quotes



No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...