Share button

Saturday, March 20, 2021

The Daily Word for March 20, 2021

 

aurora - noun - early-morning dawn


As today is the first day of spring (according to my calendar), I thought I'd choose a word that relates to light and rebirth. Successfully, aurora completes the equation. With every new dawn, there is a renaissance of possibilities. With every new spring, there is the renewal of life. 

A month ago, I wasn't sleeping well because excess, unwanted light from headlights was peering through the breathing holes in my cheap, plastic Home Depot blinds and waking me up in the middle of the night. Out of desperation to feel refreshed each morning after sleeping through the night, I spent the big bucks on custom, black-out blinds, curiously made from aluminum foil. Despite allowing some light in via the sides, they do the trick of darkening the room pretty severely. In fact, I can probably sleep my way through any and all auroras. 

But do I want to? No. Somehow, over the years, I have inadvertently trained myself to wake up at specific hour: pretty much around 7 a.m. It is almost as though my body clock doesn't want me to miss the aurora, which is good because it is a motivating presence. Symbolically, dawn suggests that life is beginning all over again, so if you had a bad day hours before, you now have a chance to start all over again and to right all wrongs previously committed. Awesome!

Thinking optimistically, as always, G. 


#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words


#inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing #poetry #poets on tumblr #poem #authors #quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...