Share button

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The Daily Word for March 16, 2021

 

myopic - adj. - shortsighted; unimaginative


Myopic comes from the Greek word myops, which literally means blinking or closing the eyes. I can remember the definition by separating the term into two parts: my (my own) and opic (similar to optic or sight) or my sight. When I become too self-involved, I can only see what is in front of my face, which isn't much. I limit the field, ergo, my own imagination. In short, I progress or digress into myopia. 

If we aspire to reach optimism, we have to open our minds in order to close out myopia. It is important to see the forest but not permit each tree (or challenge) that stands before us to thwart the forward path. Positive possibilities are on the horizon. To reach them, we have to acknowledge (maybe even hug) and then work our way around each tree. 

To summarize: embrace, let go, and move forward.  Don't forget to enjoy the journey. 


#word of the day, #vocabulary, #writers, #writers and poets, #words, #inspiration, #optimism, #inspiring words


#inspirational thoughts, #inspiration, #inspirational words, #words of wisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poets and writers, #writers community, #writers, #readers #writing #poetry #poets on tumblr #poem #authors #quotes


No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...