Share button

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

The Daily Word for February 17, 2021

 


mellifluous - adjective - musical and pleasant to the ears


Like yesterday's choice of words, serendipity, mellifluous glides as smoothly over the tongue as a sled down a sleek, snow-blanketed hill. Something that is rarely experienced, its sound defines its meaning. Music has been said to quell the savage beast. I know this to be true because I sing for the aged and abused, and witness the healing powers of song directly. Yet I am a bit concerned as to the future of music because a friend of mine who is thirty told me that only the eighteen to 29 demographic listens to it. No one thirty and over cares to spend time basking in streamed melodies. As a fledging recording artist, whenever I check Spotify Analytics for my EP "Heart Walk," the bar graph tells me that what she said is true: The number of listeners drops off significantly at thirty years of age. This is something I can't fathom. Why would this occur? Is it that at thirty nothing remotely mellifluous is worthy of time? At that particular age does the visual sense obscure the auditory? 

If you are thirty or slightly over, please enlighten me here. I'd really like to know. 

#inspirationalthoughts, #inspiration, #inspirationalwords, #wordsofwisdom, #affirmation, #optimism, #poetsandwriters, #writerscommunity, #writers, #readers 

No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. as a Parallel Universe of New York?

  parallel universe - noun - a world conceived of as coexisting with and having certain similarities to the known world but different from i...